Wednesday, November 7, 2012



The picture above is from the watch party held here at my university. I remember watching each electoral tally come in and at many points it was tied and then the total for Obama was at 274 and I sat there puzzled for a bit thinking, "doesn't he only need 270?" I looked at my friend Bre and said "He has more than 274." and she said "Yes, Yinka... he won" I instantly broke down so overfilled with emotion.
As an African American (literally, I was born in Africa), a woman, a student, a person who believes in equality, and a downright intelligent citizen of this great nation... this was me after President Barack Obama was elected as president for another term. I'm trying to find the words to express how I feel and I am at a complete loss. As a first time voter, last night felt amazing. 4 more years in the right direction.




MITT ROMNEY DON'T PAY NO TAX!

No comments: